Versatile Egg Muffins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- large pinch of smoked paprika
- 50g cheddar or gruyère, grated
- small handful of chives, chopped (optional)
You can make these non-vegetarian by replacing some or all of the vegetables with bacon &/or ground beef
It’s also possible to spice them up a wee bit with cajun spices or a pinch of chilli powder/chilli flakes
Try to always choose vegetables with less water content like broccoli as opposed to spinach. If using spinach or courgettes cook first and drain to minimise water in your muffin mix.
- Stir fry vegetables until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Put eggs, milk, paprika and half cheese in a bowl and mix together.
- Add veg to egg mixture.
- Pour into muffin moulds/cases
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 15 – 17 mins at 180oC (fan) or 200oC regular oven.