5 days, 6 nights
min 2 people
AUTUMN MUNROS: guided hillwalking in Scotland
Hillwalking in Scotland during Autumn is a very much under-rated joy. Hillwalking in Scotland brings so many rewards – and in autumn you’ll be delighted by a scenery of fabulous rich colours. The joys of autumn are very much under-rated. Yes, there is a wee bit less daylight but that means you have the exceptional opportunity to observe both sunrise and sunset in a day. The sun is at a lower level in the sky so the light you see across the landscape during the day is exceptionally good for photography. There are also far fewer people around generally than in high summer. More than likely we will have our routes to ourselves.
This holiday includes four days of guided mountain walks to reach 7 Munro summits.
- 6 nights accommodation at Fraoch Lodge
- all meals included
- 4 guided Munro hikes
- 1 day off hiking to explore the local area or take some time out for a bit of mindfulness
- transport to the walks, if required. Due to COVID19 we may sometimes to asking guests to travel to the walks in their own vehicles, if this makes them more comfortable and if the walk is not linear
- pick up/drop off from Aviemore station or Inverness airport
- Beinn a Chlachair (Laggan): 21km, 907m ascent and approx 6hrs walking
- Stob a Choire Meadhoin & Stob Coire Easain (Laggan): 16.5km, 1172 ascent and 7 – 8 hrs walking
Carn Liath, Stob Poite Coire Ardair & Creag Meagaidh (Laggan): 21km, 1080m ascent and 8 – 10 hrs walking
Beinn Teallach (Laggan): 16km, 1172m and 6 – 8 hrs walking