4 days, 5 nights
Minibus transfers included
min 3 people
Walking the Highlands:
These 4 days of walking the Highlands (plus a rest day) take you off the beaten track to explore some of the best but most overlooked parts of the Cairngorms National Park. On all 4 days we are very likely to have the mountain completely to ourselves with each route affording a grandstand view of the peaks around. Each day visits mountain scenery of quite different character. As well as seeing the more common species of plants, animals and fungi, by reaching these quieter backwaters of course increases the chance of seeing the rarer wildlife of the national park.
The remoter parts of the Cairngorms National Park full of fascinating views and also more history than you would think. The Highlands used to be much more populated than they are now. You can see the ruins of settlements throughout the park, if you know what you’re looking at. You might also see ancient hideouts used by Jacobites fleeing from the government soldiers; the sites of hidden illicit stills (whisky hasn’t always been legal) or glacial evidence.
- 6 nights accommodation at Fraoch Lodge in twin rooms
- all meals included
- 4 full day guided walks in the Cairngorms National Park
- 1 rest day to explore as you will, or relax in the lounge
- pick up and drop off from Aviemore station (or Inverness airport)
- includes rest day – a chance to sit by the fire with your feet up or choose your own alternative activity: zip wire, kayaking, mountain biking, or head up to Inverness to watch dolphins …
- visit to a wildlife hide for a dusk watch (hoping for pine marten, red deer and badgers)
- the Fara
- Geal Charn Mor
- Braes of Glenlivet
- The Argyll Stone
Why visit the Cairngorms National Park?