3 Day Highland Family Adventures
3 days, 4 nights: Scotland is full of family adventures but most involve a lot of driving and not much activity or what we would consider to be genuine adventure in the outdoors.
Inclusive of guide, transport, accommodation and meals as described
If your family active and full of energy? Then this is the family adventure for you in one of Britain’s most beautiful mountain settings.
Based in the Cairngorms National Park, this adventure is a chance to explore the UK’s largest National Park through a range of activities with Highland ponies; on the water at Loch Morlich, including wild swimming; flying through the trees on a zip wire; off road biking through ancient Caledonian pine forests along the Speyside Way and a Victorian style picnic with our trusty Highland ponies.
- 4 nights accommodation at Fraoch Lodge, our family home in the Cairngorms National Park
- meals as described (all breakfasts, all dinners and all lunches, except on mountain biking day)
- transport and driver to all activities where necessary
- water sports on Loch Morlich
- visit the Cairngorm Reindeer Herd
- 1 day hire of mountain bikes
- one session at the Zip park in Alvie
- visit to Leault farm to see the sheepdog trials
- pack pony supported hike and picnic with heated tentipi
Day of arrival:
Aim to get to Fraoch Lodge before 6pm if you can so you have time to relax, explore the village and settle in to your accommodation.
NB We are a TV free Lodge but we have plenty of family games stored in the lounge and a large selection of books to borrow.
We’ll head over to Loch Morlich where we’ll first go and see the Cairngorm Reindeer centre before we get kitted up to go our on the Loch in kayaks or family canoes. If possible, we’ll go for a wild swim in the waters of the loch. During the activities, we’ll also set up a BarBQ and maybe give the sailing or paddleboarding a go.
After breakfast, we’ll pick up our mountain bikes at Ride Cairngorm then head out along the Speyside Way to Aviemore. We’ll skirt round Aviemore and continue to head further south to Kincraig, where we’ll have lunch at the Old Post Office cafe and if time we’ll explore round Loch Insh before going up to the ZipTrek park on the Alvie Estate. Our aim will be to have time to go to the Sheepdog demonstrations at Leault Farm after the Zip Wire experience. This is a pretty packed day out but should be well within our capabilities.
You’ll be learning all about how to walk with our ponies and how to load them for a day trip. Our team of Highland ponies (Goldie and Foxie) will be joining us today for a hike into the wilderness of the Cairngorms National park. They will be carrying some gear for us so we can have a luxury picnic site complete with group Tentipi, seats and a wood burning stove, along with gourmet picnic food.
Day of departure:
Hopefully you’ll have time to join us for breakfast before you head off on further adventures, or for your journey home. We hope you’ll be back or perhaps you’ll be continuing your adventure with one of the extensions on offer below.
NB: All options are one day extensions which include: activities and entry fees as described, 1 extra night at Fraoch Lodge, full board including picnic on the tour.
We have several additional family adventure extension tours. Choose from:
- Loch Ness, Clava Cairns, dolphin watching, Urquhart Castle, kilt making and Culloden –
2. Glenfinnan. Hogwarts Express photo opportunity and Steall Falls walk
3. Llama trekking, Braemar castle and the Snow Roads –
4. Back to Nature at Inshriach – POA
5. Foraging walk and cooking class –
Available: Easter to end October
Min/Max: 4 – 8 people. Please enquire if you have a larger group and we will price the trip accordingly.
Core tour price: please enquire