Winter Gentle Giants
Enjoy winter walking in Scotland over this wee mini-break, based in the Cairngorms National Park.
You’ll begin with a refresher/introduction to basic winter walking skills. Learning how to use crampons and ice axe to stop a sliding fall, will keep you safe when we head out into the hills. We’ll aim to reach Cairngorm summit on the first day, after the skills training.
On day 2, we’ll be heading out into the high Cairngorms hoping to reach the summit of Ben Macdui or Sgor Gaoith or Bynack Mor. In winter the route choice is crucial. Ultimately the choice will depend on the prevailing weather conditions.
- 2 days guided hikes in the Cairngorms National Park
- 3 nights accommodation at Fraoch Lodge
- all meals included
- transport to the walks
- pick up/drop off at Aviemore station or Inverness airport
- basic winter skills training
- Ben Macdui/Sgor Gaoith/Bynack Mor