We are proud to continue to offer our unique departure guarantee*. If your booking is confirmed by Scot Mountain Holidays you can be assured that your holiday will run. We can offer this guarantee as we are unique amongst walking holiday operators in Scotland by providing all the parts of your holiday (guiding, accommodation and catering) in-house.
* Scot Mountain Holidays reserves the right to alter the venue and itinerary of holidays advertised as based away from Fraoch Lodge.
We work with Worldpay to process our online transactions now so you can rest assured that your payment will be processed securely. We accept the following cards:
1. Deposit: a non-refundable deposit of 50% of per person is required with your booking. The contract shall be formed when the company acknowledges acceptance of the customers booking form and required payment.
2. Payment: The balance is due 28 days before arrival. No contract exists until we have acknowledged our booking with a receipt and an invoice for the balance.
Scot Mountain Holidays is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with Scot Mountain Holidays is fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Scot Mountain Holidays. This insurance has been arranged with Affirma a trading brand of MGA Cover Services Limited (registered address Farren House The Street, Farren Court Cowfold West Sussex RH 13 8BP, company registration: 08444204 authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 678541) under a binding authority with the insurer CBL Insurance Europe Limited (registered address 2nd Floor 13-17 Dawson Street Dublin 2 Ireland, who are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority registration number 203120)
In the unlikely event of insolvency, you must inform Affirma (MGA Cover Services Limited) immediately on +44 (0) 20 3540 4422. Please ensure you retain this booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value.
Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid back to you by your Travel Insurance or any losses which are recoverable under another insurance or bond.
3. Departure Guarantee: We are proud to continue to offer our unique departure guarantee*. If your booking is confirmed by Scot Mountain Holidays you can be assured that your holiday will run. We can offer this guarantee as we are unique amongst walking holiday operators in Scotland by providing all the parts of your holiday (guiding, accommodation and catering) in-house. * Scot Mountain Holidays reserves the right to alter the venue and itinerary of holidays advertised as based away from Fraoch Lodge.
4. Green Travel discount: For the green travel discount to apply to your booking you must be booked on one of our scheduled, advertised departures (not a privately quoted trip) and notify us of your travel plans at least 28 days before your course/holiday is due to commence. If you travel from home to Aviemore or Boat of Garten exclusively by public transport, we will offer a £15 discount per person on your booking. (Green Travel discount excludes Lairig Ghru Logistics.)
5. Accommodation is usually in twin rooms unless stated otherwise. If you require single occupancy of our room, we can usually accommodate your request in a standard room with shared bathroom facilities. If you require private bathroom facilities you will need to let us know when making the booking. Sole occupancy of a room with private bathroom facilities will attract a supplement of £25 per night. For trips which are not based at our own accommodation of Fraoch Lodge, please check for details.
6. Winter Equipment: It is the client’s responsibility to ensure you have the right equipment for the course. Some hire equipment can be organised through Scot Mountain Holidays. All clients on winter courses must inform Mountain Innovations of your requirements when your balance of payment becomes due i.e. 28 days before the course begins. If Scot Mountain Holidays are not informed of your requirements in enough time to organise the correct equipment for you, you may be refused access on to the hill. All clients must inform us of boot size as well as make and model of your own boots. The safekeeping of all equipment issued for use during the activity is the customer’s responsibility. With exception of fair wear and tear, the company recerves the right to charge for equipment that has been lost of misused.
7. Dietary requirements: You must notify us of any special dietary requirements of intense food dislikes when the balance of payment becomes due (28 days prior to the commencement of your course/holiday). The company can not be expected to cater for any special provision at short notice.
8. Cancellation: If you wish to cancel after your booking has been confirmed, write to us. The date of cancellation shall be the date we receive your letter. Cancellation charges: up to 28 days prior to arrival, deposit only Less that 28 days, full cost.
9. Changes in booking: We will try to accommodate changes in bookings. If it is possible for your booking to be changed there will be an administrative charge of £15.
10. Minors: We do not accept bookings from under 18s unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
11. Liability: Scot Mountain Holidays accepts no liability for the death of, or personal injury to anyone whilst undertaking any activities organised by us, nor for any loss or damage resulting ther